Call for Poets
During the month of April, I will be hosting the second annual 30 for 30 National Poetry Month celebration on my website. Each day, a new poem by a different author will be published This year’s theme is Spring.
To participate, please follow these rules:
- Send an email to email@example.com stating your intent to participate. Do not send any poems at this time.
- The fist 30 poets who respond to this call will be selected to submit one original poem on the theme of Spring.
- Once the poets have been chosen, I will randomly assign each one a day on which their poem will be posted.
- Poets will submit their poem one day before it is to be posted. Only one poem should be submitted.
- All poems must be by the submitting author. Poems can be any style, any length and should not contain any racist or sexist language. Previously published poems are acceptable as long as you identify where it was published and as long as you own the rights.
- Poems should be submitted in a Word file (not in the text of the email).
- Poets should include a short 2-3 line bio to be included with the poem. A copyright statement should also be included.
- All rights automatically revert to the author.
- To promote community and discussion, readers will be able to post comments on the web site about what they are reading.
- At the end of the month, readers will be asked to vote on the poem they liked the best.
- The poet with the most votes will receive a signed copy of my new poetry collection Garden of Rain (Le Jardin de Pluie), due to be published this Spring by Aldrich Press.
- All poems will be archived on the site.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.