Please join me for our fourth annual month-long celebration of National Poetry Month. Once again, I will be hosting 30 for 30 on my website where, each day during the month of April, a new poem by a different author will be published. This year’s theme is Wildest Poems
To participate, please follow these rules:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your intent to participate. Do not send any poems at this time.
- The fist 30 poets who respond to this call will be selected to submit one original poem. Send me the wildest poem you’ve ever written: the wilder the better.
- Once the roster of 30 has been filled up, I will randomly assign each one a day on which their poem will be posted.
- Poets will submit their poem to me one day before it is to be posted. Only one poem should be submitted.
- All poems must be by the submitting author. Poems can be any style, any length and should not contain any racist or sexist language. Previously published poems are acceptable as long as you identify where it was published and as long as you own the rights.
- Poems should be submitted in a Word file (not in the text of the email). If you do not use Microsoft Word, please save you file in RTF format.
- Poets should include a short 2-3 line bio to be included with the poem. A copyright statement should also be included.
- All rights automatically revert to the author.
- To promote community and discussion, readers will be able to post comments on the web site about the poems that are posted.
- At the end of the month, readers will be asked to vote on the poem they liked the best.
- The poet with the most votes will receive a signed copy of my novella, The Appointment (Vine Leave Press) to be published in May 2017.
- All poems will be archived on the site.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Thanks and I look forward to reading your wonderful poems.